BioSweep North East and Complete Property Revival are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all individuals. We abide by the rules of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 upheld by the Information Commissioner Officer (ICO).
BioSweep North East / Complete Property Revival
Registered address: Unit 7 Royce Avenue, Cowpen Industrial Estate, Billingham, TS23 4BX
How We Collect Data
- If we are carrying out services related to an insurance claim, personal information may be collected from your insurer
- We may collect information directly from yourself via our website, email communications, in writing, by telephone or in person
- We may collect information via customer satisfaction questionnaires or online competitions
- We collect non-personal, non-identifiable information about the usage of our website. When you visit the website, a cookie may be sent to your device. This is a piece of information which is stored on your hard drive. It cannot identify you personally. You do not have to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to accept, reject or notify you when a cookie is set. We also use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse website activity and make improvements to our website. This data is non-personal and not identifiable.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Personal details including name, title, address, mobile / landline telephone number, business / personal email address, signatures etc.
- Details of your residential or business property
- If we are carrying out works related to an insurance claim, we may also collect your insurance policy details, photographs of your property and contents, and health information such as medical conditions or access requirements which are relevant to any works carried out by us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Your information may be processed for the following purposes:
- To carry out services requested directly by you or your insurance company
- For internal record keeping
- To enable us to provide information requested by you or your insurer
- To improve our products or services
How Is Your Information Stored?
Your information may be stored:
- On your insurer’s claim handling system
- In a password protected electronic file
- In our email client
- In a physical file, kept securely at our head office
Marketing And Promotional Use Of Information:
We may use your information to provide information about services that we are carrying out.
With your specific and informed consent, which must be freely given and unambiguous, we may also contact you with marketing communications. You can opt out of such communications at any time, by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails or contacting our Data Protection Officer listed below.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you:
- The right to be informed about your data and what we do with it
- The right to access your data, or complete a ‘subject access request’
- The right to correction or deletion
- The right to restrict the processing of your data
- The right to transfer your information to another party
- The right to object to the inclusion of your information
- The right to regulate any automated decision-making or profiling of your data
Lawful Basis Of Processing:
We will collect and process your information under the following lawful basis:
- Legitimate interest – This allows us to comply with ICO and FCA rules, and is the most suitable basis for handling data for insurance claims
- Specific and informed consent – Where consent is sought, you will be advised how we intend to use your data and that you have the right to withdraw at any time
- Legal obligation – We may be required to share your information with law enforcement, regulatory authorities or fraud agencies for the purposes of crime prevention, detection or conviction.
Accessing Your Data:
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, you should make a ‘subject access request’. We will comply and provide the information within 1 month unless we decide an extension is required. If the request is unfounded, excessive or repetitive, or duplicate copies are required, a reasonable charge may be applied.
We do not share your data with any 3rd parties outside of the necessary processing arrangements and we do not share your data with any external companies for their own marketing purposes.
If we are carrying out works related to an insurance claim, we may share information with your insurer on your behalf. We may also share information with tradespeople and contractors so that they can carry out relevant works.
All of our employees are aware of their roles and responsibilities in the processing of data. All files or written information of a personal nature is stored securely. Computerised data is coded, encrypted or password protected where necessary.
Although we take reasonable care to keep your personal data secure, including the installation of an SSL certificate, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer from unauthorised access or loss of any data provided to our website.
We do not transfer personal information to any recipients outside of the EEA.
Any data breaches will be reported to the ICO within 72 hours of discovery.
Retention Of Information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, for internal record keeping or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. This will be no longer than 6 years.
If you require further information, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Tel: 0800 071 5757